Divine TaoThere are 37 Tao Poems and 44 Te Poems
New Thought Tao 2: Polarity - explores the concept of polarity and how it is an important factor in art and science.
Tao # 2 / Polarity
Beauty is known throughout the world
defined through contrast like Chiaro Scuro
shadows are defined by light
black is known through white
actions are determined as good
by comparison with acts of evil
stability is well understood
when confronted with upheaval
Composing a symphony of life
we use polarity
the enslaved distinguish the free
loud tones differ from soft tones
long notes delineate short notes
congruent voices lift in harmony
antithesis to clashing dissonance
moments within time
are long or short
by days of work
Front implies back
first implies last
we adjudicate the above from the below
high is determined by the low
this is easy and that was hard
this is here and that is far
versus pitted and scarred
metric or standard
before or after
pain and sadness
pleasure and laughter
all these things observed and thus defined
necessary polarities or constructs of the mind?
Therefore the Wise find ways
to relate without words
unattached to outcomes
the Sage does not assert
titles or authority
but steadily maintains
an attitude of gratitude
thus freed one lays no claim
to merit or credit
seeing no need to possess it
like the Tao simply letting it be
the result being eternity
Just as real love being unconditional
and unconditioned lasts forever
- What is Chiaro Scuro?
- Why is comparison important to human thinking?
- How does causal thinking compare with stochastic thinking?
- What New Thought concept is being explored here?
- What does this teach us to do with our thinking?
- What is a construct of the mind?
- Why does a wise person know how to relate without words?
- What is an example of relating without words?
- Why does a true Sage not assert titles?