Divine TaoThere are 37 Tao Poems and 44 Te Poems
New Thought Tao 5 - explores the impartiality of nature, the universe and the tao
Tao # 5 / Impartial
Nature is impartial, taking no sides
rain falls in all fields and tides rise
regardless of who stands upon the shore
The Wise One is also impartial
meting out justice without regard
for the particular head upon which it falls
Space between extremes is a vast bellows
remains the same yet moves
expanding with each movement
changing with each moment
inhalation complements exhalation
they need each other for production
the wise do not seek to resolve
through the creation of more Laws
but rather hold to the center
and maintain justice in balance
Knowing that words can complicate
the wise keep their thoughts to themselves
- How is nature impartial?
- Is nature fair?
- Why would the Wise One be impartial?
- What happens when a leader is partial?
- What is a bellows?
- How does it remain the same yet move?
- How does inhalation complement exhalation?
- Why do they need each other for production?
- Why do the wise hold to the center?
- Why is it wise to keep one's thoughts to oneself?
- Why is it important to solve problems rather than create laws?