Divine TaoThere are 37 Tao Poems and 44 Te Poems
New Thought Tao 17 - explores government and what constitutes a good or bad government
Tao # 17 / Government
Good Government is not intrusive
the people are hardly aware of it
the next best is felt yet loved
then comes that which is known and feared
the worst government is hated
when a leader lacks trust
people lose confidence
words are like wind
a gentle breeze is better
less is more
Good work is that
which the people lay claim to
saying "See what we can do!"
- Why is good government not intrusive?
- What does intrusive mean?
- What does it mean to be "known and feared? "
- What countries have more freedom?
- How are words like the wind?
- What leaders can you think of that lost the people's confidence?
- Why is it that the best work a government does is claimed by the people as their work?
- What is infrastructure?
- Why is infrastructure important to a healthy society and strong economy?
- What is the difference between growth and development?
- Why do advanced cultures have well developed rail transportation and safe mass transit systems?