Divine TaoThere are 37 Tao Poems and 44 Te Poems
New Thought Tao 29 - explores the importance of moderation, sacred trust, balance and Nash's equilibrium
Tao # 29 / Moderation
Seeking to gain the world
they lose their souls
there's no fulfilling
the bottomless hole
The Earth is a sacred trust
given us to love
when something is in balance
don't add anything to it
a mirror touched
is a mirror smudged
to seek to alter perfection
when one perfection finds
is the same as fixing a masterpiece
by addition of a line
Within the Universe,
some lay anchor and some set sail
some forge ahead while others turn tail
some follow and some lead
some fail and others succeed
some are hot and some are cold
some are afraid and some are bold
therefore the wise avoid excess
extravagance and arrogance
- Where does the phrase "Gain the world only to lose one's soul" come from?
- What does it mean to you?
- What is the "sacred trust" between humanity and the earth?
- Why do certain people not value nature?
- Why is balance important?
- What is Nash's Equilibrium? Why is it important in 21st Century New Thought?
- What is the Hardy-Weinberg Equilibrium?
- Why is it important to avoid excess, extravagance and arrogance?