Divine TaoThere are 37 Tao Poems and 44 Te Poems
New Thought Tao 30 - expounds a warning against war, why domination values are not divine and the true path is partnership
Tao # 30 / Warning
Those who follow the way
counsel against war
knowing the use of force
will simply create more
war and fill the land with thorns
where ever armies go
the land is laid waste
brambles and thorns grow
all over the place
whenever a large army is assembled
scarcity and famine plague the people
diamonds must be shaped with one stroke
great artists know what to show
once one completes the job
it is best to stop
the universe is forever spinning
there is no ending nor beginning
partnership is the source of true creation
one goes against the way through domination
being centered in oneself
one does not need outside approval
gives rise to weakness
that which is not the way
soon falls away into nothingness
that which is not rooted in love
falls into oblivion
- Why is it that intelligent people counsel against war?
- Why does war beget more war?
- What does "live by the sword, die by the sword" mean?
- Why do armies leave a wake of destruction?
- Why is it important to stop working when the job is complete?
- Why is partnership the source of true creation?
- Why is domination contrary to the way?
- Why is important to root things in love?