Divine TaoThere are 37 Tao Poems and 44 Te Poems
New Thought Te 46 - explores materialism and how it is a double edged sword
Tao # 46 / materialism
When the world knows DivineUnity
galloping steeds fertilize the fields
When the world lacks good governance
war horses trample the countryside
no pain is harsher than discontent
no greater curse than getting what you want
the worst crimes stem from greed
is the Pyrrhic victory, victory indeed?
vast wealth is often borne through a crime
can a materialist ever be satisfied
Know when enough is enough
and you will always have enough
- Why is a lack of good governance related to war?
- Who was Machiavelli?
- What book is he famous for?
- What did Machiavelli say about war?
- Why is there no pain harsher than discontent?
- How could there be no curse greater than getting what you want?
- What is a Pyrrhic victory?
- Who is famous for the phrase that "behind every great fortune is a crime"?
- What is the exact original quote?
- What does it mean "know when enough is enough and you will always have enough"?