Divine TaoThere are 37 Tao Poems and 44 Te Poems
New Thought Te 54 - explores cultivation of compassion, higher qualities and nurturing these in others
Tao # 54 / Cultivation
Plant with love
love will be your harvest
Plant with care
your harvest will manifest
cultivate the qualities
you wish to grow
dwell within the flow
teach your family grace
honor the children
show a kind face
when you are old and wise
they will reflect that love within their eyes
those who fail to understand this tale
making the mistake to make a child's life hell
will pay the price at the end of their days
suffering greatly before going to the grave
cultivate love within your self
and love will be your being
cultivate compassion within others
and soon you have many brothers
cultivate the tao within
and one grows strong and when
we cultivate the tao within the family
we transform into nobility
cultivate the tao within the country
and the nation grows strong and wealthy
to understand an individual,
we can walk a kilometer in her shoes
to understand a family
we must see the conflict yet find the harmony
to appreciate the community
we must live within that society
to understand the world
we must love our fragile globe
how do I know these things to be true
by looking within myself and then at you!
- Why is it important to plant with love?
- Why will planting with love yield love?
- How do we cultivate the qualities that we wish to grow?
- Why is important to treat your children with kindness and respect?
- How does this reflect the phrase "what comes around goes around?"
- What does "what coems around goes around" mean?
- What does the phrase "play with a puppy and it will lick you in the mouth" mean?
- Why is important to demonstrate and teach compassion?
- Why does the cultivation of the Tao have such deep effect?
- What does the term "walk a mile in one's moccasins" mean?
- Why do we need to see the conflict but find the harmony?
- What does it mean "I know these things to be true by looking within myself and then at you"?