Divine TaoThere are 37 Tao Poems and 44 Te Poems
New Thought Te 55 - explores how a person in DivineUnity is protected through harmonious interaction and the compression and decompression of time
Tao # 55 / Harmony
The person within DivineUnity
is one with Harmony
like the newborn baby
protected from stinging insects
birds of prey and savage beasts
its muscles are weak and bones soft,
but its grip is firm and strong
though his mind is innocent
yet his body is virile
and though his voice is loud
he can wail all day without
ever becoming hoarse
the child is one with the Way
living within harmony and grace
this is why the child
finds eternity wthin a single day
to understand the principle
of harmony is to understand
that love is rooted in joy
and thus to be one with eternity
life is a journey that moves forward without pause
just as the apple begins as a flower, grows to a fruit
then leaves the orchard as part of the harvest
one day perhaps to be in your glass as cider or juice
those "magical" patent medicines
that cost more in the United States
are almost always later revealed as poisons
with a phone number and a lawyer's name
when we are young, the days feel long
when we are old, the years feel short
those who oppose the tao
die early due to their discord
- How is the person within DivineUnity one with harmony?
- What protects the newborn infant?
- Why is the infants grip strong yet its muscles weak?
- Why does the child find eternity within a single day?
- How many patent medicines can you name which were once touted as magic cures and later turned out to be poison?
- Why is when we are young time seems to go slow and later when we are old times seems to go fast?
- Why does opposing the Way result in early death?