Divine TaoThere are 37 Tao Poems and 44 Te Poems
New Thought Te 71 - explores knowledge, the concept of the empty bowl, the dangers of being a slave to science, the rules of robotics, the difference between blind faith and a spiritual path
Tao # 71 / Knowledge
The beginning of true wisdom
is understanding the power of ignorance
to be addicted to facts or be a slave to science
is in fact a symptom of a devastating disease
to understand our ignorance
is to be healed of this malady
and thus the sage
is once again free
- Why is the beginning of true wisdom the understanding of ignorance?
- Why is it dangerous to be addicted to facts?
- What is a slave to science?
- Who said "religion is the opiate of the masses"?
- How can we observe the truth of this statement?
- What is the difference between a spiritual path and blind faith?
- Why must we understand our own ignorance?